Protecting Colorado Employers Against Unsupported Allegations of Wrongful Terminations
As employer wrongful termination lawyers in Colorado, we give you straight talk, honest legal advice. More importantly, we have decades of litigation experience to take on plaintiff’s attorneys.
- Protect Your Company’s Reputation
- Uncover flaws in the employee’s charges
- We can help prevent lawsuits but we also aggressively defend them
Free Initial Consultation. Call 720.941.7200
What Is Wrongful Termination?
In Colorado wrongful termination is used to create a legal cause of action other than race, gender, religion or other traditional unlawful reasons. Employers should be very careful not to get caught up in unnecessary litigation. Fertile areas for wrongful termination lawsuits include:
- Violation of public policy.
In addition to defending a wrongful termination lawsuit, employers may also be faced with a breach of contract claim if there is no at-will employment contract.
The employment law offices of Watson & Associates, LLC frequently help Colorado employers charged with wrongful termination or have received a right-to-sue letter from the Colorado EEOC and contemplate litigation.
- You may have a viable legal defense since Colorado is an at will state.
- Defending against wrongful termination claims in the workplace can be very tricky.
- Before filing an employer position statement to a wrongful termination claim, you should understand the burden-shifting test that employers must pass.
Wrongful Termination Lawyers Aggressively Defending the Rights of Colorado Employers
Watson & Associates, employer defense lawyers protect the rights of Colorado employers throughout the state. As wrongful termination lawyers, our goal is to defend you and reduce corporate liability, expensive lawsuits and jury verdicts that can impair the business ability to operate.
- Most employee attorneys will role the dice in dozens of cases in hope of landing settlements.
- Do not subject your company to such a ploy
Exceptions to the Colorado Employment-At-Will Rule?
As part of a wrongful termination lawsuit, there could be several legal issues raised by the employee that can cripple your case. They include Termination for a discriminatory reason (gender, age, ethnicity, racial discrimination etc.) that is protected by Colorado employment laws.
- Termination in retaliation for complaining of discrimination or harassment
- Termination for whistleblowing about workplace health, safety or other violation(s) of law
- Termination in violation of an existing or implied employment contract
Learn more about the Employer’s Bona Fide Occupational Qualification BFOQ Defense.
What Options Do Employers Charged With Wrongful Termination Have in Colorado?
Colorado employers who are facing a wrongful termination and discrimination charges must prepare a viable employer statement rebutting the allegations. This document is critical and can make or break the employee’s case. Having an aggressive employer defense attorney in Denver CO that understands the legal proof needed can be your best investment.
Attorneys for wrongful termination at Watson & Associates, LLC will evaluate your case to seek out valid employer defenses to discrimination or wrongful termination.
- Perform internal investigations
- Advise whether the employer has a strong legal defense
- Aggressively litigate if the case cannot be solved amicably
Contact Watson’s Wrongful Termination Defense Lawyers
Speak to an employer defense attorney about your rights and defense to a Colorado wrongful termination charge or lawsuit, call our Denver defense lawyers at 720-941-7200.